[Ansteorra] Thanks yous for ICE AXE

Virginia Gatling ginlee at cnbcom.net
Sun Feb 19 11:31:08 PST 2006

Greetings to all,

This has been a great weekend for me even with all the ice and freezing weather ( only in Texas ).

I first want to thank TRMs for allowing me to present the awards at ICE AXE (which lived up to its name).THANK YOU!  Everyone in Middleford just made us feel like we were home again.

 I enjoyed being there for the Sir Ian's 20th year as a knight. It was also my 20th year since my first ICE AXE. Thanks go to Sir Ian and all of Middleford for its hospitality.

The feast ( esp. the barley venison soup ) was very good ( prepared by Lady Brigitte and her staff ). The Ice Dragon ( prepared by Baroness Jan ) was slain by the new Ice Axe heavy champion and the icy weather seemed to follow us home.

 Oh.. The new Champion was my son Lord Orric Longtooth, he also was my herald for the awards that were given and he made a great court herald. One of my grandchildren won the youth champion ( maybe a future king ) and another was authorized and fighting for her first time. Her father had to make her get out of the armor. It was reported to me later that she told her father and others "that since she was now an Ansteorran fighter she had to have her armor and it had to go to every event with her from now on". Who knows maybe a future queen by her own right? Good luck to both of these future fighters and all the others I saw playing this weekend.

Kathy it was great to see you and your children. We hope to see you again soon.

I also want to congratulate all the A&S winners at Kingdom A&S especially HL Fridhur Haralds.  Yea!!!!!!!! I fed your family well while you made that long trip to A&S. Hope to see you home soon.

I also want to congratulate all the other winners and workers whose names I do not know at both the ICE AXE event and Kingdom A&S.
Keep up the good work!

Hope to see more of you at future events and the Gulf War!

I also want to thank Ld Micheau de Sevinge ( husband ) for all the love and support that makes it possible to attend these events. Thank you! Kiss kiss; chuckle..chuckle

In Service to this Great Kingdom of Ansteorrae!!
Countess Regina Gunnvor Morningstar