[Ansteorra] Gulf Wars traveling question...

james at crouchet.com james at crouchet.com
Tue Feb 21 00:24:09 PST 2006

Naw, you can still see the damage if you look for it but operations are all
fairly normal now. Gas stations, restaurants and stores all seem to be up
and running. I saw only one rest stop that was closed. The "Welcome
Centers" in Louisiana were particularly nice.

The hotels are still full, either with refugees or workers. Whether there will
be any hotel rooms open by then -- I don't know. The politics around that,
and some of the realities (like angry refugees tearing up hotel rooms) are
beyond my ability to predict.

Gas prices this weekend ranged from 2.099 to 2.299, pretty much the same
as what we saw in Texas. If you want cheaper gas, get off the interstate a
ways. That has nothing to do with hurricanes.

Christian Dore