[Ansteorra] Cider yeast

Lucia Piazetta luciapiazetta at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 27 05:06:12 PST 2006

Greetings Dore!
English style ale yeasts work well for ciders, and I've had a few
recommended by the homebrew shops that worked well.  Wyeast has one
called "London III", which I have used a lot.  I think it is now only
available in a "smack pack", which I'm not overly fond of.   I
recently switched to a dry yeast I like a lot better for ciders by
Danstar called "Nottingham".  I think the cider tastes better and
less yeasty.  Lots of fruity overtones, and a pretty quick fermenter.

-Lucia