[Ansteorra] Queens Champion - Guardian of the Queen's Hope

elizabeth at crouchet.com elizabeth at crouchet.com
Tue Jan 3 09:51:03 PST 2006

Greetings Ansteorran Youth Rapier Fighters!

I look forward to seeing all of you on the field as you vie for Guardian of the Queen's
Hope in late January.

However there is some immediate housekeeping we all need to look to. Do you have a
Pink Youth Rapier Authorization card? No? Then you are not currently authorized to
compete in this tournament. Contact your nearest Youth Rapier Marshal or myself to
arrange to have this taken care of ASAP!

(All GOLD cards are now expired. All Youth Rapier Participants need a Pink card,
including marshals)

No NEW authorizations will be done at the tournament and no reauthorization cards
will be signed either. The only exception is if you make PRIOR arrangements with me.
There are some things you will have to do besides show up to get a new card.

Everyone must take the new Rules Class before you get a new card. You can take this
from any authorizing  youth rapier marshal. Any youth rapier marshal can prepare you
for this class ahead of time so that will save time.

Youth must be authorized as a fighter in up to 4 different weapons styles; I suggest
everyone be authorized to use a foil at least. Any authorizing  youth rapier marshal can
help with this. Any youth rapier marshal can and should prepare you for this ahead of
time.

Youth trainers, youth marshals and other local people youth spar with will also have to
speak to me or to an authorizing marshal before any cards are signed.

Please be sure you have or bring to the tournament any appropriate paperwork and
adult supervision required as defined by the rules.

I will post the location of the new rules if needed or you can write to me for a copy. I can
send it as a pdf file; you will need an acrobat reader to read it.

It is my goal to have as many youth rapier fighters that are prepared be qualified to enter
this tournament to honor Her Stellar Majesty. Help me to help you to this end.

Contact me if you have any questions or need any help with this.

Sincerely,

Claire Shayhan
Kingdom Youth Rapier Marshal