[Ansteorra] Axeman III Brewing Competition

matthiasthebrewer at cox.net matthiasthebrewer at cox.net
Fri Jan 6 20:40:32 PST 2006

I have offered my services to the Autocrat of Skargardr’s Axeman III to organize and run the Brewing Competition.  And they (to give someone else a chance to win the competition) accepted my offer.

So, here are the rules of the competition:

1.	There are 2 categories for this: Beer and Mead.  The theory is that this is a Norse event, and the Norse consumed beer and mead (in very great quantities).
2.	There will be 3 awards given: Best Beer, Best Mead, and Best Overall.
3.	These 3 awards will be given to 3 different people.
4.	Beer Competition:
a.	Each entrant can enter only one beer.  This means that the brewers will be presenting their best work.
b.	Each entry will consist of 6 bottles (12 ounce brown glass bottles) for the competition.  None of these will be returned.  The bottles will be sealed with blank bottle caps.
c.	There will be no identifying marks on the bottles.
d.
5.	Mead Competition:
a.	Each entrant can enter only one mead.  This means that the mazers (mead makers) will be presenting their best work.  (Are you noticing a common theme here?)
b.	Each entry will consist of 3 bottles (750 ml green glass bottles) for the competition.  None of these will be returned.  The bottles will be sealed with generic blank corks.
c.	There will be no identifying marks on the bottles.
6.	Judging.
a.	Both categories will be judged by the public!!!  This means everyone will be encouraged to come by and sample all of the entries!!!  After sampling ALL of the entries, everyone will be able to select their favorite and vote for it!!!
b.	As soon as all of an entry has consumed, that category will be closed down for voting.  At this point, Svan will be summoned to consume all of the beer and/or mead left over.
7.	Somewhere after all of this, I will be totaling all of the votes.  Once I start counting all of the votes, no more bribes will be accepted.  ;)

Should anyone have any questions, please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to clear up any questions.

matthiasthebrewer at cox.net