[Ansteorra] Re: Combat Archery Corp

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Mon Jan 16 01:50:35 PST 2006

From: "Alexander Bailey" <kattphud at gmail.com>
> I think the best way to entice new archers is to create some sort of
> kingdom-wide organization of archers, but I would make it more
> militaristic
> than like a guild. I would certainly join the Ansteorran Archery Corps.

We are  /supposed /to have essentially exactly that.

Within the Ansteorran army command structure we have an Archery
Commander.  That Archery Commander has Lieutenants and there are
Regional Sergeants.  The general idea is that the Regional  Sergeants
will help to organize and train the archers in their region, to prepare
them for war,  and help lead them on the battlefield at war.

The last couple of years HL Wil Ironwyrm has been the archery
commander.  Before that Countess Octavia was our commander.  Honestly I
cant say for sure who has any of the positions right now because it
simply isn't well communicated (or not at all).  I could guess who some
of the people might be but it would really only be a guess.

For the past several years if you participate as an archer at war you
even get a service insignia to sew on your war tabard/tunic/quiver or
whatever.

As I said, we are supposed to have an Archery Corps  with a military
like structure, it's just not very functional at the moment.

Regards,

--
HL Eadric Anstapa
DSEM CA