[Ansteorra] Needing information for 16th c horse tack and gear

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Jan 18 18:57:02 PST 2006

On Jan 18, 2006, at 9:11 AM, Alex Doyle wrote:
   Anyone have some websites and/or books to reccomend for 16th c
horse tack and other assorted gear?  Even a quick description of what
is similar to modern and what isn't would be good as well.

>   alexandria
<<<<

In addition to the info I sent you on some Florilegium files earlier
this evening, I just got this email message:
>     From:       MMagnusM at bellsouth.net
>     Subject:     The Armored Horse in Europe, 1480–1620
>     Date:     January 18, 2006 9:13:26 AM CST
>     To:       authenticity at yahoogroups.com,
> keep at windmastershill.org, Dunstan at yahoogroups.com, medieval-
> leather at yahoogroups.com, and 1 more…
>
> For those interested, the following is on exhibit at the MET in NYC.
>
> At The Metropolitan Museum of Art
>
> Special Exhibition
> The Armored Horse in Europe, 1480–1620
> February 15, 2005–January 14, 2007
> Arms and Armor Galleries, 1st floor, Arthur Ochs Sulzberger Gallery
>
> A fascinating examination of the style, construction, and
> decoration of various types of European horse armor in the Museum's
> collection, displaying many previously unpublished and seldom-seen
> works.
> Arms and Armor Galleries, 1st floor, Arthur Ochs Sulzberger Gallery
>
> http://www.metmuseum.org/
> Looking under special exhibitions will bring you to the above one.
> Clicking on it will take you to the page. Clicking on special
> publications on that page will take you to a number of armor books
> including this one.
>
> Gee, I was missing ONE. ;)
>
> Magnus
> Emptier of many other people's wallets though he doesn't make a dime.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com