[Ansteorra] Province

Paul DeLisle ferret at hot.rr.com
Sun Jan 22 15:29:23 PST 2006

Hmm...no "brass hats"...I assume you mean "Nobility"; i.e. a Baron and/or a
Baroness.

Well, ya know...Feudalism *is* the WHOLE D**N CONCEPT behind the societal
structure of the Middle Ages! (...Ohh, and the SCA, while we're at it!)
Crown Lands are the *exception*, not the rule (or at least, they *used* to
be...) But then, I'm an Old Fart..and I'm sure I "just don't understand"
that people can't be recognized to get along, or co-operate, or grow up and
act like adults when they want to have fun.

IMNSHO, if you aren't mature-enough as a group to select (or at least
generate) someone with enough influence, charisma and leadership ability to
be elevated to the Nobility, then you aren't ready for that step!

But, maybe we have a good idea here, anyway... While we're at it...let's get
rid of some *other* annoying things that get in the way of the Parties;
after all, that *is* what's Important, right?!

...Things like those pesky Heralds (Who needs 'em? We can always look up
someone's name in the phone book, right? that stupid armory stuff is so
boring! Making a shield is hard enough!...why would I want to go to the
trouble of "painting" it, too?)

...And, what do we *really* need Laurels for? I mean, after all, all we need
are a few people to make armor, and sew up some T-tunics!

...Ohh, and while we're at it...let's get rid of these stupid outdoor
events! That way, we don't need to make pavillions, and we can relax in the
Air Conditioning! (and, since it would probably be a Gym floor, we can wear
sneakers, too! None of that "period footwear" stuff!)

Alden
(tongue sadly in cheek, and looking for Roberts' Rules of Order at the next
Stellar Court...but hey, that's just my opinion...one more reason to
re-consider coming back...)