[Ansteorra] Re: Province

Beth Ellis killian at awesomenet.net
Sun Jan 22 18:02:09 PST 2006

Way back in the Dark Ages when I lived in Shadowlands - I'm talking the
early 80's here - we gave some serious consideration to the idea of becoming
a Province.  At that time we had at least 65 or more people actively
*playing*, which made us bigger and more active than many of the baronies of
the time (ask Their Excellencies Simon and Tessa about the Shadowlands
turnout at their coronation - I think they still remember it).  We were
interested in some of the perks of going barony, but we didn't want to mess
up all the great things that were going for us as a very large and extremely
active shire.  So, we thought about the Province idea.  We ended up deciding
to remain a shire, but I've been a fan of provinces ever since.  I've always
viewed them as being sort of like a Mega-Shire, with all the good perks and
none of the negative politics of being a barony.

And hey, if that's what the people living there think is best for the health
and well being of their shire, then good for them for recognizing their
strengths and running with them!  Vivat to our new Province!
Corrinne