[Ansteorra] Re: Ansteorra Digest, Vol 32, Issue 28

george basore murray_kinsman at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 23 09:28:05 PST 2006

  Dear Gentles,
  I too, was present as Moonschadowe was elevated to a
Province.
I do not presume to be so wise as to know, in advance,
if this is the "best course" or not.
  To those who lament the changing focus and drifting
away from the original "Dream", I say this, I find His
Majesty to be possessed of great wisdomm to a great
degree.  He is cautious, but not afraid of change.
 To wit, he has authorised the recreation of thee
Royal navy.
(insert shameless recruitment adverisement here)
  This is a king who carefully evaluates each course
of action prior to making a decision, butonce the
analysis is done, he acts with determination.
  He is VERY mindfull of the past, the history and the
traditions of Ansteorra, and the Society.
 So, to couch this in terms familiar to
traditionalist, The King's word IS law.

  Please note: this was in no way intended to berate,
belittle , offend or insult anyone.
  This is merely my oppinion, and as we all know the
old saw about oppinions and anal orifices, I won't
quote it here.
  Suffice to say, I do not even take myself overly
seriously, so consider that when you digest my words.

              Lord High Admiral Robert Haddock, Commander of the Ansteorran Royal Navy
  Captain, HMS Esmerelda, Cheiftain of the Clan Haddock, Personal bodyguard of the Triumvirs of House Lightning Mist, Shieldbrother to Lord Gunnar of Gunnarsstead, Nightwolf

  Ansteorra expects that we do our duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never want to do less.
   To do your duty is not to do all that is expected of you, nor is it to do your best. To do your duty is to do everything that you can find that needs done, and do it exactly right. Then find more that can be done, and do it, also.