[Ansteorra] Provinces, a clarification

DonPieter at aol.com DonPieter at aol.com
Mon Jan 23 20:58:02 PST 2006

In a message dated 1/23/2006 9:13:16 P.M. Central Standard Time,
ferret at hot.rr.com writes:

My new  concern is that (from what others have stated) that they were
*eminently*  capable of being a Barony, yet they *deliberately* chose a
modern,  egalitarian model; instead of a Medieval (or even Rennaissance) one.
This  bothers me, on several levels.

Now, I admit, this is an  assumption...but, IMHO, we gather together in the
SCA to enjoy the  *differences* between the Modern, Mundane world, and  a
Medieval/Rennaissance model (choose your favorite one; but Feudalism is  the
accepted standard.)

This group fought (and won), an argument  *against* the Medieval model, in
preference to a Modern one.
This  appears to lay the onus not only on the originating group, but on  the
Kingdom Leadership that allowed it.

I continue to be disturbed,  and disappointed.

Alden

I recall the Dutch in Renaissance having models such as this. So I don't
think it is so far fetched or "modern" as you might think. Thou the Dutch were
really ahead of their time in all aspects. LOL
Pieter