[Ansteorra] Province of Mooneschadowe

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at cox.net
Mon Jan 23 23:44:06 PST 2006

I am biased.  I hold lands in fief to the Crown.

I presented arguments against this Provincial status to the past few
Crowns and stated the reasons behind my misgivings.  Their collective
Majesties have listened to all opinions, held long discussions with
their advisers over the past couple of years, and looked for ways this
change might help or hinder our kingdom.  Many intelligent people, both
in and out of this kingdom, have tried to find a way to make this happen
while addressing all the misgivings, including mine.

My Crown has decided to grant this change, and in this course has
accepted changes to Kingdom Law that should cancel some of the negative
effects of having a Province in the kingdom.  That Mooneschadowe was
chosen for this is wonderful, because few groups can ever hope to meet
their level of accomplishment and internal strength.  The bar is indeed
high.

At this point, I should, and do, accept it.  My Crown has spoken.  Now
it is for me to look for ways to make sure this works, that it
integrates with the wants and needs of this kingdom and of the groups
near Mooneschadowe, including my own.

In my heart, I would rather they have chosen to become a Barony, and
hope that in four or five years they will realize how much wonderful
stuff they are missing by not having that personal, local core of
pageantry and "Crown Presence" one gets with a barony.

In the meantime, let us accept their "game" into our own.  I am already
looking for ways to "needle" some of my friends there about not having
any leaders and being a bunch of "provincial" farmers. *grin*  But I can
attest to you folk who do not know them well: Mooneschadowe puts good
troops on the field and good food on the table.  They have produced
peers and nobility and they have strongly supported our Kingdom.  Look
for that black and white eclipsed sun of theirs at your events and meet
some of them.

Master Ulf Gunnarsson
Baron of Namron