[Ansteorra] Hug a Waterbearer

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 6 19:53:44 PST 2006

Alina said:
"On waterbearing, the great thing about doing it is everyone is always thankful as it gets really
hot fighting especially when the battles go long. The only bad thing is the walking. After a while
the water and gatorade bottles seem really heavy while walking back and forth and trying to
quickly get to as many combatants as possible."

Well, since his Majesty Mahadi is about to take the thrown, I'll share a tale that was told to me
from a former kingdom Waterbearer about one day Mahadi did Waterbearing.  I don't recall the
reason he wasn't fighting, but Mahadi decided if he couldn't fight, he'd do Waterbearing to be
near the action, but still participate.

At the end of the day, Mahadi complained to the Head-Waterbearer 'I'm so much more tired than if
I'd just fought today! and I learned something about Waterbearing.  While the fighters are
resting, Waterbearers are on the field providing water. But, when the fighters are fighting again,
Waterbearers are not resting - but they are refilling their bottles, cutting more oranges, getting
ready for the next rest period - so they never stop working!'  A good lesson learned.

Have you hugged your Waterbearers today!
Cheers, Hillary

(PS - don't forget to start saving 2liter containers for Gulf Wars Waterbearers.)