[Ansteorra] non-contact was Re: Ansteorra Digest, Vol 32, Issue 11

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Wed Jan 11 11:50:59 PST 2006

Chass Brown wrote:

>Also those of us who have damage but wish to participate in the fighting are
>now sidelined for fear of those who wont listen to the yield and smack you
>anyway. Yawn so lets see.. wars have competitions I guess... thats something
>a white diamond can do now... instead of being able to support thier kingdom
>in defense....
>

>Chass Brown A.K.A.
>Charinthalis Del Sans of the portable chariot
>Honorable Recruiter of the House of the Red Shark
>Muddeler of Mead

If someone is not going to listen to the yield then they aren't likely
going to pay attention to any helm marking.

If  a person intentionally strikes someone who has yielded then there
will be a marshals court if I am anywhere on site.  The marshallate is
VERY serious about this.  Ya never strike a person who has yielded.

Ya also never strike a helpless/defenseless opponent, ya never do
anything that takes advantage of an opponents chivalry or safety
consciousness.  These conventions of combat are in the very first part
of the marshals handbook and we should all know them before setting foot
on the field.

For those who are injured and absolutely can not take a blow the
battlefield is probably not the right place for you.  Helm insignia do
not generate a magic force-field that protects you from all harm.  In
the heat of battle things happen and people to occasionally accidentally
get hit.  At any time a person on the battlefield can get engulfed in a
sea of swinging rattan and get accidentally hit.  I cant count the times
I have been there as a marshal much less as a combatant.  People who for
whatever reason feel that they can not take even an accidental hit
should simply not risk it and stay off the battlefield.

And...white diamonds haven't been used for combatants for 5+ years.

There is another side of this coin...   If you are an archer or siege
engineer or ...  that has no means of blocking and defending against an
incoming blow  and an opponent just touches you or taps you when they
could have hit you full force, you DO NOT call such blows as light.
When you do that you are taking deliberate advantage of your opponents
chivalry and safety consciousness which is an equally grievous offense
and will be treated similarly with a marshals court.

Likewise

Regards,

--
HL Eadric Anstapa