[Ansteorra] Non-contact archery

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Wed Jan 11 17:45:23 PST 2006

DAFPIG at aol.com (DAFPIG at aol.com) said something that sounded like:
> Is this the direction the Society rules are heading or is this an "Ansteorran
> thing"?

Good Morning,

  Due to overload at work I am behind on commenting. I will try to
  rectify that by tomorrow for all of the messages.

  This is the direction that Society has been heading for some time and
  I feel will be part of the simplification of the rules.

  The number of non-contact combatants recorded at Gulf Wars the last
  two years has been a total of one per year. The different Kingdom
  CA Marshals, our Earl Marshal and Crown Prince felt that the right
  direction was to remove the non-contact from Gulf War in order to
  alleviate some of the confusions caused.

  The conversion within Ansteorra is something I've discussed with many
  people over the recent past and very intently with groups that had
  non-contact archers in the past in this Kingdom. These groups could
  not find any good reasons to keep them in the rules given the fact
  that no combatant should strike, let alone blow away, a defenseless
  combatant. It is the job of the marshals to make sure that anyone who
  mistreats an archer has proper action taken against them.

  Please make sure to try to make the case now if people feel that we
  should keep them in Ansteorra. I have already discussed this with the
  Crown Prince and Earl Marshal and planned on moving forward. This
  feedback is why I posted it before it was law though.

  More later.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   |  "The problem's plain to see
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |   Too much technology."