[Ansteorra] OT -- Cellini Salt Cellar Recovered

lizdenpeters at juno.com lizdenpeters at juno.com
Sun Jan 22 23:16:31 PST 2006

Good Gentles,

The famous gold salt cellar made by Benvenuto Cellini has (finally) been
recovered after it was stolen in 2003.  At the time it was stolen, many
people thought it was "stolen to order" and in a private collection,
never to be seen again.  I was fortunate enough to come across some
beautifully detailed pictures of this item taken prior to the theft.  It
is a breathtaking piece of Renaissance art.

For details on the recovery, see the article on the BBC web site at:

Now, back to your regularly scheduled life.

Liz and/or Fionnghuala the Fair "Nuala" and/or my evil twin, Cedric
Support bacteria -- they're the only culture some people have.