[Ansteorra] Provinces, a clarification

Carl Chipman cchipman at nomadics.com
Mon Jan 23 16:29:28 PST 2006

Comments in line.

Paul DeLisle wrote:
> --snipped--
> I will freely admit, I don't know the people of Mooneshadowe. But if they
> are  as vibrant, avtive and tight-knit an organization as many here have
> attested; then they should have a *dozen* viable candidates for the position
> of Baron and/or Baroness. Candidates that would inspire others...who would
> make newcomers and Old Farts alike say: "Wow, *that* must be why they are
> Nobles. I want to be like them, someday."

Don Alden, how do you know we don't?   As a matter of fact, I can think
of 7 couples and three singletons who could very easily and ably perform
the duties of landed nobility.  IMO, our province is filled with people
who are inspirational.  There are not 1 or 2 couples, but a group filled
with people who are inspirational, who inspire me constantly, and who
drive me to be a better person so that I can feel comfortable in their
presence.  We choose this route not to "promote mediocrity" as you
imply, but to promote excellence from all, inspiration from all, and a
group that is a group.

Please do not imply that we are "settling".  As a group that will be
taking over 30 people to Gulf Wars, fielding over 20 armoured
combatants, and at least 5 rapier combatants, most of who are also
artisans and all are volunteer workers.  We don't and won't settle.  We
are mighty in our way, and the crown has allowed us to be mighty in a
different way than a barony.

Sieur Jean Paul de Sens,
Mooneschadowe