[Ansteorra] All this talk about Provinces and Palatine Baronies

Robin Lindsey & William Willett moiranliam at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 25 11:11:33 PST 2006

I can't speak with any knowledge as to the other two Palatine Baronies'
Rights and Priveldges.  With that in mind, no, Paltine Barons/esses do not
have the rights of the King/Queen.  It is a very unique situation out
there. The Palatine Barony of the Far West only recently got permission to
give out AoA's at the Coronet's discretion, and even then they have to
follow certain procedures to make sure those AoA's are recorded properly.
Previous to that, the Coronets served as the "Crown Rep" to give out AoA's
and other awards.  For other Kingdom Level awards, they still have to
petition the Crown of the West.  Since I started playing in 1998, I can
count on one hand the number of times the Crown has been able to travel
there - flying to Japan or Korea gets a touch pricey.   When the Crown does
come to visit, the people out there make a special effort to get to the
event.

Check out their spiff web site here:
http://www.geocities.com/baronyofarwest/

Moira
Who is proud of the little Barony where she first found the SCA