[Ansteorra] Jumping in.

Cisco Cividanes engtrktwo at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 28 12:10:09 PST 2006

Alas, I am now deciding to speak a portion of my mind, so I beg everyone to give me a moment.

Needless to say, there is very little in the pro-province conversation that I dont agree with, so you may read into that what you will.

However, the conversation being what it is, and with some people seeming to feel free to rant about us during our celebration, I will stand silent no more.

Don Alden:

However anacranistic or illogical I may think your argument is, I have privatly defending your right to say it, and have listened quietly while you storngly implied a poor opinioun of our shire-turned-province.

I would just like to point out that if you were to voice these thing to us in person, under the current circumstances, you would most liklley be asked to leave the room.

also, if you are so pasonate about our current situation, where were you during our two year long push towars this. I am not dismissing your opinioun, but your timing is poor, and I have no reservations about telling you that your timeing speaks poorly of you in my opinioun.

Lord Detlaf:

I hardly see Don Hawkins defence of Mooneschadow as an attach on Alden. Was it strongly worded; yes. But his responc was sparked by a extremely dismissive responce to Lady Emma's origional post on the subject. Where I come from, that is considered disrespectuful.  Hopefuly, enouigh said on that point.

ALSO, to both of you:

Any comment about "issues not being addressed" are terribly misguided, in my opinioun.

To say that potential problems with a Province have not been addressed/will not be addressed is to say:

1) that not one but three Kings of Ansteorra did not do their jobs!

2) That the Kingdome Seneschal, Master Modius (whom's I dont really like, but God as my whitness is a Man whom I respect!) failed in his duity!

3) and that each and every member of the SCA BOD did not do their jobs!

So, how far do we want to take that logic? Whom do we want to point the finger at and say "you, you did not do your job!"? If you want to say that to Modius, the king or Bod, be my guest.  Becuase as far as Im concerned, thats all your doing now.

Lord Ivo Blackhawk
Province of Mooneschadowe
Sworn in Fealty to the King.