[Ansteorra] Positve Group Commentary

HerrDetlef at aol.com HerrDetlef at aol.com
Sun Jan 29 21:12:38 PST 2006

In a message dated 1/29/2006 7:31:58 PM Central Standard Time,
valstarr_hawkwind at yahoo.com writes:
How about saying something nice about an SCA group
within the kingdom, and make it a group you've never
been a member of? Something unique that stands out to
you.
I've had wonderful experiences at events in
    Bjornsborg (Michael II's and Rebekka II's coronation, Tournament of the
Lions)
    Elfsea (10th Anniversary Coronation [remember the couple from Nordmark in
Drachenwald who lost their car and all their stuff in a fire?  it was amazing
how many people pitched in, donated stuff, and helped them have what they
later called "the best event" they had been to to that date!  That was also the
weekend I met Duchess Willow, and it was also the only event my mundane mother
has ever been to, and SHE got to meet Willow before I did!], their 1st
baronial investiture [Arthur and Robin], this last coronation)
    Seawinds (just went down to hang out for a week back in 1990...no event,
but had a blast....something about bonfires and standing knee-deep in the
undertow at South Padre)
    Middleford (gobs of events, including a War Chieftain where my tent
almost blew away)
    Bryn Gwlad (same as Middleford, plus 10th anniversary Crown tourney)
    Stargate (same as Middleford)
    Loch Sollier (sp?) (Crown tourneys and a coronation here and there)
    Namron (Michael I's and Rebekka I's Coronation...that was a GORGEOUS
site!  It was also Mistress Clarissa's first event ever, and I can say "I knew her
when....")
    Eldern Hills (went to a crown tourney there many years ago; actually, it
was in what is now the shire of BradLeah)
    What group hosted the Queen's Champion when Rowan was Queen Regnant?
That was on Lake Tawakani, or however you say it.......oh my, that was a wild
weekend.  By the way, don't believe a WORD that Baroness Chrystal has to say
about the trip up there!  Lies, all lies!  LOL

I've never been to an event much of anywhere else........I REALLY need to
address the fact that I've never been to a Bordermarch event, considering the
relationship of that group with Raven's Fort.  Pretty much, whenever I've gone on
the road, I've had a good time and been well-received.  Of course, I don't
think I've been to an event outside of Raven's Fort or Stargate since 1996 or
so.  Well, this last Coronation, but other than that.....

I've always wanted to go to an event way out west....like to Bonwicke.  I
also want to go to a Steppes Twelfth Night one of these years.......and Her
Excellency Namron has invited me to Namron Protectorate this year....I have a
feeling I better take her up on it.  Meanwhile, I'm kicking myself because I'm
gonna have to miss the next Raven's Fort event....it's the same weekend as the
medieval studies congress in Kalamazoo.  OH, well, too many people would look at
me funny if I showed up at RF that weekend.

Have you noticed that my posts make little sense if they're put up after
11:00 at night?  Time for Tubby Bye-Bye!  LOL   G'night, all!

GO ASTROS!!!
2005 NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!!!!

Indicabo tibi, o homo, quid sit bonum
et quid Dominus requirat a te,