[Ansteorra] Ansteorran Royal Navy

Duncan MacNamara sca_macnamara at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 31 16:51:24 PST 2006

We're actually wanting representatives from all regions, but especially the coastal region, for the very reasons you illuminated in your missive.

  In Service,
  Lord Admiral Duncan MacNamara
  Captain of the Iron Lotus

medicfem at aol.com wrote:
  Greetings Admiral and crew of the Royal Navy,

No offense intended, but what about the Coastal region? We are the ones with the ports and the actual water to which to sail your vessels on dear Royal Navy. It might be best that the Royal Navy finds water access and personel within this region?

Seawinds has long kept the King's Coast from invading hordes and pirates. A Royal Navy implies the entire kingdom does it not?

Well, Seawinds actually does have the period sailing vessels of Columbus.
http://www.cctexas.com/?fuseaction=main.view&page=2555

And many of us actually do sail. You may want to come to our upcoming event to find additional sailors and / or actual members of the U.S. NAVY to join your crew. I can even arrange a Sunday morning trip to the Columbus ships if you wish or possibly a sail on one of our more modern vessels?

in service,

Lady Caley of Lancashire

Co -autocrat Coastal Invasion
http://www.vvm.com/~lasto/coastal
Shire of Seawinds

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alric and Fiona"
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 4:50 AM
Subject: [Ansteorra] Ansteorran Royal Navy

Greetings Unto the Good Gentles of Ansteorra

You may be aware that Ansteorra's Navy has been nonexistent for 6 years. At
Coronation the King gave permission to rebuild the Ansteorran Royal Navy
under the Command of Lord Admiral Haddock. His majesty was very interested
in seeing what the Royal Navy could do concerning disrupting the shipping of
Ansteorra's enemies. His Majesty also approved the Royal Navy's Ensign and
encouraged us to take all the steps necessary to register the ensign as the
official device of the Royal Navy.

So far Admiral Haddock has 6 ships in the north and one in the
central/southern regions as members of the Royal Navy. Per the Lord
Admiral, "We are not going for letters of marque, but full commissions as
regular navy. I am very seriously trying to build a fleet that will take
on a life of its own, so it will be here when I'm gone."

Therefore, If there are any ships or ship-holds (or even sailors looking
for a ship) that wish to join us, you will be greatly welcomed. Any one who
is interested in matters nautical and would like to learn about medieval
ships and shipping and any of the arts of the sea, are also encouraged to
contact us.

You may contact either of the following to swear into the ARN (Ansteorran
Royal Navy):
Lord Admiral Robert Haddock murray_kinsman at yahoo.com
Lord Duncan MacNamara Captain of the Iron Lotus and Commodore of the
Northern Fleet - sca_macnamara at yahoo.com
Lord Alric Morganwgg Captain of the Sea Drake and Commodore of the
Southern Fleet - sidhe01 at swbell.net

I remain in service
Lord Alric Morgannwgg
Captain of the Sea Drake (home ported in the Shire of Loch Ruadh)
Commodore of the Southern Squadron of the Ansteorran Fleet