[Ansteorra] Welcome to Candlemas!

Thomas gemartt at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 31 22:42:28 PST 2006

WELCOME TO CANDLEMAS!

This is a time when old friends and new acquaintances gather to enjoy a day
of good fellowship and feasting!   We've used different halls over the
years, and each experience has been different.  Our hall this year has many
modern rules, some of which include:

No candles, fire, flames, nor smoking in the hall
No tables, chairs, food, nor drink on the dance floor
   (special arrangements have been made for the Head Table)
No items may be dragged across any of the floors
No animals
No tape on the walls nor ceiling fixtures
This site is very dry.

Here's a website with interior pictures of the hall:
http://www.pflugervillefire.com/Temp_Pages/PflugerHall.htm

This is a challenging site, and yet imagination, creativity, and honorable
conduct often combine to create very memorable occasions.   Here are some
of the activities we are planning:

Artisans may compete for the honor of being Bryn Gwlad's next A&S champion
in a judged competition.  There will also be a "recent project" A&S display
to be honored by popular vote.    I am offering a prize for the best
Arthurian item in these competitions.  There is also a prize for the Best
Decorated table!  There will be classes, a quest, 2 courts, a great feast,
and more!

Please make plans to attend Candlemas on February 4th, at Pfluger Hall, 203
E Pecan Street, in Pflugerville, Texas.   Please see the Candlemas website
for directions, crash space, and more information:
http://www.celestria-ledragon.com/candlemas.html

Welcome, Friends, each one and all!
Welcome to our joyful hall!

             Thomas