[Ansteorra] Positive Comments on Kings Champion this Weekend

gail young gwynethb63 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 10 11:06:14 PDT 2006

It was a magnificent display of prowess by many of our fighters (JP will have to post the exact number).  All fought brilliantly, not just their opponents, but the heat as well.
  There was a bear pit that ran for one and a half hours, with fighters recieving one point per kill.  HL Vara did a wonderful job of keeping up with all the points.  There were three fields running so there were plenty of opportunites to engage.  Kudos also go to Master Modius, Royal Herald, who directed the fighters to a 4th field for the final 10 min. (or so) of fighting so that all left in line might get in one more fight.
  When the time was up, HM chose the 6 highest point fighters to face one another.  Centurian Giotto faced Ceturian Luis, Sir Corwin went up against Centurian Tarquin and His Grace Hogarden fought HL Lockland.  These fights all started at the same time and were single bought.
  The final three were Giotto, Hogarden and Corwin.  Hogarden and Corwin fought first wtih Hogarden victorious. Next he faced Giotto and was again victorious to become HRM Aaron's King's Champion.
  I would like to thank His Grace Mahadi and HM Aaron for making King's Champion so delightful the last two times by choosing formats that involved lots of fun and opportunities for the fighters to mix it up.
  If I have spelling errors, please forgive me, and if I have any details wrong, please feel free to post a correction.
  gwyneth

Karolus Janos <karolus at gte.net> wrote:
                Out of curiosity from someone who wasn’t able to attend, who won King’s Champion?  And what was the list format?

  Karolus