[Ansteorra] Queen's A&S Display - More Information

Craig Shupee' philipwhite at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 16 16:45:46 PDT 2006

Greetings Artisans from Master Philip White, Steward for Queens Champion
Tournament in Honor of Her Majesty Britta MacGregor and the Midsummer’s
Masque.

As part of the event we have added an Arts and Sciences Display - not a
competition.

This will be inside the air conditioned hall. You will have space as needed
and tables are provided – but remember to be courteous to those around you
and please use what you need.  Simply find the A&S area in the hall and set
up your display where you feel comfortable. You do not have to sign in or
reserve space.

We are working off of the following schedule:

10:30 am		Artisan Set Up for Display
11:00 am		Progressive Body of Work Display Open
3:00 pm		Artisans Remove Displays

More on the display:

It will be a body of work display showing the progression of your art over
time. This could be as easy as bringing your portfolio so people can flip
through pictures of your art to see the different skills you learned.  Or it
could be a simple display of your first piece next to the most current
piece.

I am not asking you to create anything new or spend endless nights working
on documentation. Instead, I am looking for you to pull out one of your
earliest works to put out in comparison to something you have done at an
intermediate level. And then, display what you think shows beginning mastery
of your art.

Hopefully, as an artisan you have continued to grow. Inspire others to grow
by beginning a conversation with a novice.  Newer artisans can learn from
one of the Laurels in attendance by seeing their early work and talking with
them.

The idea is to let the populous know that while you started out as a
beginner, you are now trying to Master your art.  Show what kinds of
improvement you have made over time and how you have worked to perfect your
skills.

I hope that you are excited about this opportunity and will bring something
to share.  I think it will encourage new artisans and start people thinking
in more creative ways when working on their arts. I look forward to seeing
the displays.

Your Servant to Command,
~p.w.