[Ansteorra] Desserts

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jul 27 12:11:26 PDT 2006

On Jul 27, 2006, at 12:49 PM, Virginia Gatling wrote:

> Unto all who have already responded and those who haven't decided
> on what they are bringing:
>
> Thanks go to all who are bringing desserts. It looks like we will
> have a nice start to a great dessert table. The dessert can period
> or non-period. I am looking forward to checking out some of these
> treats.
>
> Countess Regina

For those who might like to consider making a period dessert, but
have no idea where to start, I would suggest looking at the FOOD-
SWEETS-DECORATED foods section in the Florilegium.

There are quite a number of recipes there, often with both the period
and modernized recipes. Some are quite easy, such as the
gingerbread. Some are somewhat exotic, such as the candied
horseradish. Some can be fun for the child in all of you, such as
marzipan (adult play dough)

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas