[Ansteorra] children and events

Simone Ui'Dunlaingh simonemu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 08:16:16 PDT 2006

I think Tivar has made a very Valid point.

I have had the oppertunity to work security at many events over the years.
and  i cna not tell you how many times in the middle of the night i
have had to find a parent for a child  scared and in thier tent alone.
 had to herded children back into  the camoping area. tell kids not to
play in hazardus areas. the majority of the times however the parents
of these children have ben new to the society. yet on some occasions
the parents have ben vetrerans of our game. I have had children ask me
if I knew thier father was so and so of rank and then tell me they
could do what they wanted. many childeren have been surprised when i
take them back to daddy and thye found out that was not the case.

normaly though in all cases when the paents are informed or reminded
of the Societys rule on children at events i normaly have not had
repete problems with them. and on the rare occasions that i have had
repete issues the local senishal has been a great resorce in setting
these folks strait.

It is only my opinion but i think that if we take the time to remind
parent and the parents remind the children of the rules. we see less
of this problem. When parents of rank remind thier kids that this does
not give them an excuse for bad behavior we see less of this problem.
Comunication is paramount.

All in all the children in the SCA are good kids. and the parents good
parents.  and  discusions like this are good to remind all that there
are boundries and rules in placef or the safety of our children.

--
Maurrian Ui'Dunlaingh (simone)