[Ansteorra] 2007 - Announcement about future Pennsics

HL Chiara Francesca vscribe at ansteorra.org
Fri Jun 9 07:42:43 PDT 2006

This is for Pennsic 2007, not this year's.

Pennisc is MOVING on the calendar starting next year: PLEASE READ or
  you might show up after it's over.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Laura Yungblut" <rosamund99 at hotmail.com>
>
> Cordial greetings unto the populace of the Known World from
> Rosamund Beauvisage, Mayor of Pennsic 36.
>
> I am pleased to announce that the Pennsic War will be held one
week   earlier in 2007 than has been the case in the last number
of
> years.  By the old schedule, Pennsic 36 Troll would have opened on
  Friday, 3 August 2007 and the site would have closed on Sunday,
19   August 2007.  Under the new schedule, Pennsic 36 Troll will
open on   Friday, 27 July 2007 and the site will close on Sunday,
12 August   2007.  This year’s War, Pennsic 35, will not be
affected.

> The decision to move Pennsic up a week was not undertaken lightly
 and was prompted by steadily-increasing concern about the
conflict   between Pennsic and school calendars.  School districts
across the   country have been starting earlier and earlier, a
situation
> preventing many parents and their school-age children from
> attending, especially since many can often only stay for only the
 first part of War even though that means they have to pay for
both   weeks. The situation similarly affects our members who are
educators.

> On 20 May 2006, after six months of investigation, the Kingdom
Seneschal Group (the Seneschals of Aethelmearc, the East and the
Middle, alphabetically), approved the change in accordance with
the   Pennsic Administrative Policies.  Their respective Crowns
> concurred, as did the management of Coopers Lake Campground.
>
> By the time this announcement is published, the new schedule for
future Pennsic Wars will be available on the Pennsic War website
<www.pennsicwar.org>.

> Thank you in advance for your time.  See you at the War!
>
> In service to the Society,
> Baroness Rosamund Beauvisage, OP, OL
> Mayor, Pennsic War 36

This email is allowed to be:
[x] Shared
[x] Forwarded
[ ] Used as documentation
[x] Tattoed on butt in 72 point Times New Roman