[Ansteorra] Sable Thistle badge etc. (was:Questionaboutmotifsin artwork)

Ciard49 at aol.com Ciard49 at aol.com
Sat Jun 17 09:26:54 PDT 2006

In a message dated 6/17/2006 9:35:06 AM Central Standard Time,
sueorintx at hotmail.com writes:

Neck  chains are not given to squires in all kingdoms and I thought that the
spurs went only to a knight.

Not all knights wear spurs, either. My  lord was knighted before spurs were
given to Ansteorran knights. He has  never worn spurs, but he does wear his
white belt and gold  chain.

I based this on my observations in Meridies, where Squire wear silver  spurs
and silver neck chains, and Knights wear gold chains and spurs.

Ciard