[Ansteorra] Spurs (was:Squire belts (was: Sable Thistle...etc.)

Michael Smith morganbuchanan at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 23 04:34:48 PDT 2006

Nobody would ever suggest that the symbols we use for knighthood define the
person.  That's like the Lieutenant in "Good Morning Vietnam" who said that
being saluted was what being an officer was all about.  :)  These symbols
are  advertising.  They say to our world, "Please hold this person to the
highest standard, for this person that you may not know is a knight."

Some would say that the knight's bearing should tell the world that he or
she is a knight.  But we have non-bedubbed individuals in this kingdom who's
bearing is also knightly, many of them Lions of Ansteorra. So sometimes this
outward symbol is necessary, and why in our society it is reserved.

Just my opinion.

Morgan