[Ansteorra] Land and Title . . . (Was Squires, Spurs and belts, OH MY!)

Faelan Caimbeul faelancaimbeul at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 00:48:30 PDT 2006

>I might suggest a little perspective.  Some folks have been doing this
>for two decades, or more in some cases.  Often when someone has been
>prominent for so long, life catches up with them and they need to take a
>break.

I never said there aren't some, or even many, people that do exactly that.
Everyone gets fried at some point and needs a break. We're not machines.
For example, I have a friend that I just got involved again after a 10
sabbatical from burn-out. He was knighted around AS 4 and was a professional
armorer for over 15 years. He only teaches fighting now, and doesn't do
events much, that's fine. We're all glad to have his company and knowledge.
We are a big social club too ;-)

And for the record, I haven't met anyone here in Ansteorra (I've been here
less than a year) that would fall into my "forgot where they came from"
category, so please, no-one take offense.

I did, however have a couple people in one of my old kingdoms that . . .
well, . . . "let it go to their head". Let's just say the whole humility
virtue went right out the window, along with their friends and general
acceptance and tolerance from the local group. They eventually quit because
no-one wanted them around and wouldn't associate with them much. Again, for
the record, I haven't met anyone like that here. Actually, quite the
opposite, we have a very active kingdom in general from what I've seen.

Faelan