[Ansteorra] Revocation of Peerage

Aline Swynbrook alineswynbrook at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 25 08:57:09 PDT 2006

> DANGER, DANGER, TROUBLE MAKING QUESTION AHEAD . . .
> The SCA doesn't strip people of "land and title" do
> they? I've personally
> never heard of it, although BOD banishment would
> kind of seem to effectively
> do just that. What I'm wondering is, has there ever
> been a case when a
> Monarch decided that someone was so disgracing their
> Order, Coronet,
> Peerage, etc. that he actually stripped the person
> of that rank/title?

As someone pointed out, the actual revocation occurs
at BOD level.  The most recent case which occured was
the revocation of membership in the Chivalry of the
West Kingdom of Letitia Wilde (Richenza von Augsburg).
 The board voted on this originally in their July 2005
meeting, and denied her appeal in December, 2005.
Notes from BOD meeting going back to July 2005 can be
found here: http://www.sca.org/new.html

In Service
Aline Swynbrook