[Ansteorra] children and events

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jun 1 11:14:08 PDT 2006

On Jun 1, 2006, at 8:18 AM, Cisco Cividanes wrote:
>>         -Tivar Moondragon
>> father of three *responsible* SCA kids
>
> I do hope that the above comment was not meant to be as
> condensending as it sounded when I read it.
>
> Lord Ivo Blackhawk.

I think it was simple statement of fact, as well as pointing out an
example that children *can* be responsible and well-behaved. I've
been in the SCA about 15 years now and I've watched Tivar's kids grow
up. They have been quite well behaved and valued members of this barony.

Perhaps whether you find his statement condescending or not, depends
upon what you think of your children's behavior. On the whole, I've
found SCA children to be much better behaved and responsible than
those not involved in the SCA. But as with any group, there are
exceptions. And perhaps this thread may remind the parents with
borderline cases to keep a closer eye on their children.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com