[Ansteorra] period dog collars (and horse barding)

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Jun 20 21:44:18 PDT 2006

On Jun 20, 2006, at 9:34 PM, Deirdre wrote:

> I DO! I DO!!! I took a 'garb for your dog' class as Lilies - you
> can make dog collars - check some of the tapestries, etc from
> period, with hunting dogs in them - they're wearing the most
> coolest amazing collars ever!!!!
> Deirdre, who can't wait to unearth her sewing room, so she can garb
> her zoo!

Deirdre, do you remember who taught this class on making dog collars?
Or did you get a class handout?

Or has anyone here investigated this subject? I'd love to have a how-
to or a history of dog collars article for the Florilegium.

For that matter, considering the recent interest in equestrian
activities in this kingdom and the wonderful barding that I saw at
this last event, I'd love to have either type of article on horse
barding as well.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas