[Ansteorra] Treasures of Hungary Class at King's College

Holly Frantz hefrantz at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 22 17:07:17 PDT 2006

At 11 o'clock, take a break from icon painting and button making!

Nice easy class, no thinking or particular skills required, just bring your love of history and beautiful things.

While Hungary has made many advances since the fall of Communism in 1989, many of the things we SCAdians take for granted don't yet exist.  Museums do not have an online presence with galleries of downloadable art.  Books about Hungary and its amazing history are rarely published in English.  There is a wealth of information and period objects in the country that will never be seen except by those who visit.

This class gives you a chance to view some of these rare and exciting artifact without the airfare costs.

    Byzantine Gold Crowns - yes, more than one
    11th c. Embroidered Silk Chasuble
    Silver Hord
    Leather Mongol Warrior's Coat
    15th c. Italian Ivory Saddle
    16th c. German Woman's Gown (one of only two complete German extant ensembles in existence)

And many more!!!!!!

For $5, you can take home a CD of many detailed photos that can be used for A&S documentation.

If you have any questions or need more details, please contact me off list at
hefrantz at yahoo.com

See you on Saturday!!!!
Niccola Setaro