[Ansteorra] Land and Title . . . (Was Squires, Spurs and belts, OH MY!)

Dave Wise drwise at houston.rr.com
Sat Jun 24 13:09:32 PDT 2006

Hi Faelan,
I might suggest a little perspective.  Some folks have been doing this
for two decades, or more in some cases.  Often when someone has been
prominent for so long, life catches up with them and they need to take a
break.  So, some folks then assume they are no longer 'doing the work'.
Having been at this awhile, I often see some of those people continue to
work harder than ever, just not as publicly.  A recent example was
Mistress Tessa of Bordermarch who was quite willing to be 'volunteered'
to take care of water bearing at the Lysts event.  Even though it was
not an area she has spent a lot of time with, she learned what all was
involved, coordinated with Lord Alfred and a host of other water bearers
and did a great job.  But, unless you went looking for it, you wouldn't
have realized all the effort that went into handling that part of an
event.  I am not sure from your post if it is only the work part you are
referring to, but if it should relate to conduct, all I can say is that
peers are people too and sometimes they get tired and grumpy.  But that
notwithstanding, I don't think that, short of some grievous conduct,
that a few 'bad' days are much to forgive for what is often years of
dedication to improving our group.

With regards,
Alexis
p.s. Now off to King's College to see Hl Clara get elevated to take on a
whole new level of work :-)