[Ansteorra] Land and Title . . . (Was Squires, Spurs and belts, OH MY!)

Jan Van Zandt hejanais at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 25 08:45:13 PDT 2006

Six or seven years ago when Aveloc was on the Throne of An Tir he attended Gulf War.  The Amazons decided to kidnap the pretty blond king and hold him for ransom - you know - beads and bangles and baubles.....   As we were quietly moving in on him at a late night party, one of his entourage picked up on what we were up to and whisked him away just seconds before we closed in.

  Perhaps the moral of this little tale is - be careful what you wish for because it may come with more of a 'bad' rep than you really want to have follow you home. :)

  Jan

  ****
  Aveloc the younger is the individual in question, and while I know he
received the level 3 banishment from the board, I checked the An Tir OP to
see if he was still listed.

Indeed he still is, at position 43, as a Duke of An Tir and various other
assorted awards.  So it appears they didn't strip him of his titles, since I
believe if he had been, the OP would have been updated to reflect it.  I
suppose they decided that removing him from ever playing the game was all
that was needed.

http://op.badger.cx/op/rosters/a.shtml

Karolus

  I have heard the whole sorted affair from my friend in An Tir who was there.
Suffice it to say it was long and ugly, and banishment was almost a forgone
conclusion. I find it interesting though that's he wasn't stripped of title
as well, sort of "erasing" his presence.
  Faelan