[Ansteorra] Coins for Beer at the Lysts

Dave Wise drwise at houston.rr.com
Tue May 23 05:51:57 PDT 2006

>From the Steward of the Lysts of Castleton event,
I would like to clarify that the offer by any individuals to provide alcohol at any time has no connection to this event. We will be following all SCA requirements at this event, specifically following the corporate policy on alcohol as follows:

  VIII. POLICY ON ALCOHOL Manufacturing, distributing, selling, serving, or furnishing of alcoholic beverages by the SCA or its branches or subdivisions is prohibited within the United States and its territories.  The use of any SCA funds for the purchase of potable alcohol, except for such quantities as may be necessary for cooking, is prohibited in the United States and its territories.  Officers are not prohibited from serving alcohol; however, it must be done as individuals, and not as part of their official duties as officers.  Officers are not prohibited from giving gifts of alcohol; however, it must be done as individuals, and not as part of their official duties as officers. Giving or receiving gifts of alcohol in court is not considered to be part of an officer's official duties.

 The SCA has been allowed use of the site due to the generosity of the site owner.  Any 'taverns' that may be operated in proximity to the event will be privately sponsored.  Any arrangements that involve alcohol are done solely at the discretion of individuals in their individual capacity and are neither sponsored nor endorsed by the SCA or any of the member groups.

 If there are any questions relating to this issue, please direct them to me at drwise at houston.rr.com

 I look forward to seeing everyone at the event.

 With regards,
 Sir Alexis
 Steward for the Lysts of Castleton