[Ansteorra] Cookies and merit badges

Holly Frantz hefrantz at yahoo.com
Mon May 22 05:04:44 PDT 2006

We must also consider that some people, once they receive an award, are so tired they have to take a break or "retire from the field" for a while.  We should be careful of requiring so much from someone that our best people retire from sheer exhaustion.

Niccola Setearo

Iago <baroniago at earthlink.net> wrote: I shouldn't do this pre coffee, but I'm going to anyway.

Nothing about the system is offensive and/or wrong.  How some try to
use/abuse any system is offensive and/or wrong.

Many people who aspire to polling orders have a check list in their
head. They see the path to an award as a series of hoops to jump
through to get the award. If the desired award does not come soon,
they get bitter and blame the circle or "politics."   Not the fault
of that circle, but a problem they have to deal with.

What I find offensive are people who finally obtain their award and
immediately abandon their field.  Not a problem with someone who gets
a thistle and goes on to a new art, but it is a problem for instance,
if a person drops rapier within weeks of getting a white scarf.  (No,
I'm not speaking about a particular person.)

Iago
(P.S. I prefer thin mints.)