[Ansteorra] Is something wrong with the list?

Burke McCrory burkemc at cox.net
Mon May 22 20:03:18 PDT 2006

At 02:25 PM 5/22/2006, you wrote:
>In outlook express, when you write your rules make sure you set it
>to look for mail that says that in the TO: folder if it says
>ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org to file it in the folder of your
>choice.
>
>If you have webmail with your account you will need to whitelist the
>"TO:" address of whateverthelistnameis at lists.ansteorra.org. The
>domain: lists.ansteorra.org may be what is throwing it off.
>
>A few years ago when we went from the old system to this system I
>had this happen to me too. Strange that it is just now doing that to
>you now.
>
>We are still putting together documentation for our faq's on this
>new system so keep the comments coming.
>
>HL Chiara Francesca
>Kingdom WebMinister, Ansteorra
>
>On Mon, May 22, 2006 2:16 pm, Chris Backus said:
> > I'm having a similar problem, in that each email seems to be coming
> > from the
> > original sender, which routes it right to the junk folder.  9/10 of
> > my
> > Ansteorra emails have gone to the junk folder starting roughly
> > today.
> >
> > Hawkins

What I just noticed is that the reply-to headers on the email have
changed.  Now the original sender is included as a separate entry in
addition to the list itself.  So when you hit return it will now send
the response to the original sender as well as the list.  Many email
programs will only read the first email address when filtering
mail.  This will cause it to "break" if you filter on reply-to.   If
the lists can be set back to only haveing the email list in the
reply-to header it will fix some of the trouble.  Thanks.

Burke