No subject

Sat May 27 11:55:56 PDT 2006

"Heartfelt greetings on this dark and sad day to the fair people of
Atlantia,

"Today we must live in the present and not escape into the current middle
ages. As I sit wiping the tears from my eyes watching and listening to the
reporters on CNN, I know that our friends, our family, and our countrymen
are at the forefront of our thoughts.

"There is so little comfort that can be provided in times like these, but w=
must look for every opportunity to do so.

"It would be easy to succumb to feelings of rage, helplessness, and perhaps
fear, but there are things we can do together to make this situation better=
.
The call for blood donations has already been made. I encourage any who can
to go to your blood bank. As these events unfold, I encourage the Kingdom t=
come together to serve its community. There will be many ways to help in th=
days to come.

"Rescue and comfort organizations will need funds and supplies. As a
Kingdom, let us come together in charity to support our nation in its time
of need."

Regarding the Kingdom Mailing List (The Merry Rose), "I hope that it will b=
used during this emergency to pass information about the status of our
populace and share how communities can benefit from our support. Americans
and members of the SCA both have a history of coming together at times like
these: please use this resource to continue that tradition.

"Most of our friends and family are safe and well. Pray for those who are
not. Use each other for support and comfort during this time.

"... The Kingdom, her people and our country are in my prayers. My best
wishes to all.

HRM Aryanna Hawkyns
Queen, Atlantia

East Kingdom List Created to Coordinate Post Tragedy Informnation

Lord Robin Gallowglass has created the nyc-attack at eastkingdom.org mailing
list to provide (hopefully) a central place where people can post
information requests and hopefully have them answered. By all means, keep
sending your updates to other lists. My concern is to provide 'additional'
avenues of communications. This list is not moderated, but only subscribers
can post to it.

To subscribe to the list, send an e-mail to
nyc-attack-subscribe at eastkingdom.org, and follow the instructions in the
reply you will get almost immediately. I am now working on getting a web
archive setup for it as well.

Information

WTC survivor database
http://www.ny.com/wtclist.html

Baron Ian of Clan Mitchell, the Viceroy of the Crown Province of Ostgardr,
reports that all known SCA members working in the World Trade Center are OK=
,
though "Some of the stories of escape are hair raising...".

In light of the recent tragedy, the following individuals, who work in or
near the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, or for airlines, have been
verified to be alive and reasonably alright:

Sir Gavin
Guy (Sir Terricae's(?) squire)
Duchess Sedalia Lazaro
Brenwen the Faire
Laura (Sir Caiae's(?) squire)
Gypsy and Mark
Sir Richard of Loughree
Master Ateno Brithwen
Countess Isabella
Master Argyle
Godiva d'mer
Mistress Aleksandra
Sir Valgard Tadg
Cat
Graf Viktor
Sancha (Qudatai)
Sir Mitchell MacBain
Marnen Greg Holmes (Brakfae)
Sir Mordreth
Jeff Zeitlin
Master Ian Mitchell
Stefan the Salacious
Mistress Katherine Gillesfleur Countess Brekke
Mitch Jr.Krevor
Connor O'Ceillagh
Linette Krevor
Nancy Stengle