[Ansteorra] advice books

elizabeth at crouchet.com elizabeth at crouchet.com
Mon May 1 12:22:45 PDT 2006

An advice book or handbook even just a check list can be a great thing. I remember being in a planning meeting once when the
steward remembered that he had fogotten to plan for porta potties! And he was a seasoned steward.

This was such a common sense item and such an easy thing to deal with as an expereinced steward that it just slipped out of
the plans as not a big issue. Fortunatley we had planning meetings well in advance and something someone else said made us
all think of it.

If we'd had a checklist then even the experienced guys would have fewer dropped balls. And for inexpereinced stewards a
mentor and a checklist would help a lot. I think every steward experinced or not should have a metnor who's only job is to ask
all those annoyingly obvious questions. We can't all be supermen, but a little help can make us all seem that way.

Just my $.02

Claire