[Ansteorra] Little Ones at Events (how I do it)

William & Robin Willett moiranliam at earthlink.net
Sat May 6 12:59:29 PDT 2006

I've seen your little guy in his outfit and said "I need to make that for
Vivien..."

PLEASE post your instructions for the wagon cover!  I need to make one
before Steppes and both of my babies are fair skinned.  They get dipped in
sunblock at events, but still, shade is good.  I plan on painting my wagon,
and make the red base part look like wood.  Still haven't figured out how
to disguise the wheels.

I for one am a fan of the "leash."  I have 2 babies, I am outnumbered, and
I'd rather have people give me dirty looks than to have the horror of
running through an event wondering where one baby went while I was changing
the other's diaper.  Vivi is still too little to understand sometimes the
world is dangerous.  I remember reading _somewhere_ that sleeves were made
long with a hole for hands and then the sleeves tied to a belt.. I'll have
to surf for it again.

I do appreciate the childcare perspective.  It's part of what gets hard for
me at events.  I want to wander arounbd and chat and I can't sit still. I
get jealous that Liam gets to do his stickjock thing, but since you put it
the way you did I can wrap my head around it and be ok with it all. When
we're both old and decrepid I can still Chiurgeon - maybe I can get him to
do it with me!  I want to go to events and have my kids grow up in the
SCA... I guess it's a thing you just have to feel out and work as you go.
*grin*

And there IS an SCA parents group..

Moira