[Ansteorra] re: little ones at events

kwc3f at netscape.com kwc3f at netscape.com
Sun May 7 12:38:30 PDT 2006

Going to put my tuppence-worth in here...
>>snip<<
    >> I for one am a fan of the "leash."  I have 2 babies, I am outnumbered,
and
I'd rather have people give me dirty looks than to have the horror of
running through an event wondering where one baby went while I was
changing
the other's diaper.  Vivi is still too little to understand sometimes
the
world is dangerous. <<
     Remember "leading strings?" A 'leash' is period, I think, in some cultures at least. I am for the 'leash,' used a tether on my own boy mundanely when he was small. I don't recall getting dirty looks (not that I care if someone did), and I knew where my son was at all times. Nowadays it is better to be safe, and my little one wasn't scarred psychologically or anything. AND, wouldn't the adults want little ones under guidance as opposed to running loose and getting somewhere dangerous for them? Good for you, my lady, for doing what keeps your young ones safe nearby.
--Meresankh, Bordermarch

Footprints . . . The Sequel

Then I said, "But Lord, what are these
two lines in the sand next to Your
footprints?" And He answered,
 "My child, those were the times I had to
drag you kicking and screaming until
you decided to get a clue and snap out of it."