[Ansteorra] Irish Clothing at Steppes

Scott Barrett barrett1 at cox.net
Wed May 24 19:27:21 PDT 2006

Greetings Ansteorra,

  Do you have an early Irish persona? Scottish? Are you one of the rare
early Manx citizens of our fair kingdom?

At this weekend's Steppes Warlord, at 1:00 pm Saturday afternoon in the
hall, I will be offering a class on early Gaelic dress and fashion. A
newly revised comprehensive and illustrated handout will be included,
written by myself and edited by Lady Coblaith Mhuimhneach. This class
will cover the wardrobe of the Gaels from 600-1100 AD and will provide
beginners with a list of sources to look into while offering more
experienced researchers a few hypotheticals to chew on.
I welcome donations for printing costs, but none are required or
expected.

So come get out of the heat, sit in the hall and discuss with us the
dress of the early Gaelic peoples, the cultures they influenced and the
cultures that influenced them.

I look forward to seeing you there.

~HL Finnacan Dub