[Ansteorra] Cookies and merit badges

Morgan Buchanan morganbuchanan at hotmail.com
Tue May 23 15:37:09 PDT 2006

I believe that the perception is that said individual is more genuine and is more likely to stick around.  We want to advance people not JUST for the recognition of what they have done but for what they continue to do.  If they are "in it" for the recognition primarily, they're less likely to stick around.

Using a former example, if someone is a fencer and teaches fencing primarily to get a WSA, they are viewed as more likely to not CONTINUE the RESPONSABILITIES thereto appertaining after being advanced to the rank.

Morgan