[Ansteorra] Cookies and merit badges

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Tue May 23 16:23:33 PDT 2006

--- Holly Frantz <hefrantz at yahoo.com> wrote:
> We must also consider that some people, once they receive an award, are so tired they have to
> take a break or "retire from the field" for a while.  We should be careful of requiring so much
> from someone that our best people retire from sheer exhaustion.
>
> Niccola Setearo

Real life happens and even the best of us need to take breaks for a while, maybe attend events,
but not be in charge of anything, or not fight on a 'tourney road', but stay in the local region
for a time, or stop doing an art while recharging your creative juices by going to museums or
taking other folks classes.

What frustrates me more than folks who take a break from time to time, but stay the path, even if
there is the potential they won't achieve that next 'cookie' as fast as the Jones... are the folks
who hold multiple offices at the same time - as they usually can't do their best in any of them;
or who autocrat every other event - as they will burn out like a shooting star; and we never see
them again.

Hillary