[Ansteorra] Lysts at Castelton - Dialogue

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Tue May 23 17:01:03 PDT 2006

Good Sir Gideon,

Thank you for your prompt response.

The information will serve me well.

You and Your Lady have always been
most gracious. I will be sure to stop
by your pavilion and pay my respects.

with warm reguard,

Mistress Lorraine

Sean Gulick <sean at utig.ig.utexas.edu> wrote: Dear Mistress Lorraine,

I read your missive and saw that heart is full of question, thus as
your humble servant I will seek to answer them in hope it will great
you easier passage to our fair lands and the honorable tournament of
the day.

> My Dear Baron,
>
> I would love to watch you defeat your foes
> for the honour of your lady.
>
> But there are so many questions to be answered!
>
> How may one gain entry to this grand event?
To gain entry as a lady of the gallery, a spectator, or a herald
simply present yourself at the tournament and join in the days
festivities.

> What will be the standard of dress that day and can
> I find some description so that I may have new clothes
> made by my seamstresses.
Many will be wearing finery such that they might wear in the various
royal courts during this time of war which seems that it may last a
Hundred Years. Many will likely don coathardies of fine linen to
fight off the heat but none should stay away form the tournament
simply for lack of courtly attire.  In sooth, fortunes may be changed
this day!

> Will there be accommodations or must I have my staff
> gather and pack my traveling equipment?
There are residences within the Village of Castleton but they are
largely taken by the residents of Castleton or made available for the
visiting royals.  I would suggest therefore to have your staff bring
your tournament pavilions to enjoy an evenings rest beside the lake.

> Will there be Inns or Taverns?
Castleton boast a fine tavern and prior to its doors opening we will
be gathering for a community meal (potluck).

> Will there be a market there as well?

Why yes several merchants plan to set up shop and display their wares.

> Awaiting your answers
>
> Mistress Lorraine
And I hope that have been answered to your satisfaction.  Please do
not hesitate to send missive with any further inquiries and we will
awaiting the pleasure of your company at the Lysts.

Your humble servant,
Sir Gideon

> Bill Butler  wrote: Unto all those who would
> hear or read these words, I
> send my greetings.
>
> I am William Wescot of Welewen.
>
> Know Me by my Arms, Gules, a griffin couchant
> reguardant and in base a rose Or.
>
> By the Grace of God and at the Pleasure of the Crown
> of the great Kingdome of Ansteorra, I hold the lands
> of Loch Soilleir as Baron in Fief and Fealty to the
> Crown of Ansteorra with Her Excellency Narkissa
> Ekaterina Vladimirova.
>
> I am a Squire to His Grace, Sir Ulsted the Unsteady.
>
> Know all that I shall make my way to the Barony of
> Bryn Gwald and upon the tenth day of June, Anno
> Societatis XXXXI, reckoned by some to be the year
> 2006, shall I enter the Great Lysts at Castleton.
> There I shall take to the Field against all who will
> face Me in Just and Honorable Combat in all Fields
> that I am able to compete.
>
> These are my Words by My Hand.
>
> William Wescot of Welewen
> Baron
> Loch Soilleir
> Ansteorra

> ---------------------------------
> and save big.
>

> End of Ansteorra Digest, Vol 1, Issue 11

_________________________
Dr. Sean P. S. Gulick
Research Associate
Institute for Geophysics
Jackson School of Geosciences
University of Texas at Austin
4412 Spicewood Springs Rd Bldg 600 Austin, Texas 78759
Phone: 512-471-0483, Fax: 512-471-0999
Email: sean at ig.utexas.edu
http://www.ig.utexas.edu/people/staff/sean/

"Honor the past,  live the present, create the future"