[Ansteorra] Coins for Beer at the Lysts - Revised

Thomas White toddwhite2735 at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 24 17:57:22 PDT 2006

Greetings All once more;

  To clarify; Gideon, Gaston, others and I will be available for challenges.  We will gladly give you a token (win or lose) that can be shown to enjoy our group's hospitality later in the evening. We apologize that there will not be any money given out, but hope you will enjoy our tokens and hospitality.  Of course, all are welcome to share in our folly (our coffers are quite full and the year has been plentiful enough to share with all).  Our goal is to have a large quantity of participants - please come!

  Take Care,

  Hoegaarden

Sean Gulick <sean at utig.ig.utexas.edu> wrote:
  Greetings All,

Duke Hoegaarden and I would like to invite you all to participate in
a fun challenge at the upcoming Lysts at Castleton event. Lysts is a
Pas styled after A Knight's Tale that will be taking place as Don
Shamino's fabulous site called Castleton in Bryn Gwlad on June
9-11th; it is sponsored by four baronies (Bryn Gwlad, Loch Sollier,
Stargate, and Bjornbourg) and I understand their majesties will be
attending. The challenge is simply called "Coins for Beer" wherein
members of the Chivalry who choose to will have coins minted by Don
Shamino and will accept challenges throughout the day on any field,
whether it be fights at the barrier, matched weapons, mounted
activities, or simply an exhibition fight for fun. Win or lose the
challenger will receive a coin; if you win the coin will be of higher
value of course ;-) After court in the evening, we will all gather
Don Shamino's pub where Duke Hoegaarden, Sir Gaston, and I will have
provided a keg of Shiner and the coins can be turned in for...you
guessed it, beer! So come out an enjoys the days chivalric and
equestrian events, bring a herald with a loud voice to boast your
accomplishments (or hire one on site) and challenge a few knights
while your at it.

Ah a day of fighting and a night of beer, what a great way to start
the summer :-) See you all in the Lysts!

Sir Gideon

_________________________
Dr. Sean P. S. Gulick
Research Associate
Institute for Geophysics
Jackson School of Geosciences
University of Texas at Austin
4412 Spicewood Springs Rd Bldg 600 Austin, Texas 78759
Phone: 512-471-0483, Fax: 512-471-0999
Email: sean at ig.utexas.edu
http://www.ig.utexas.edu/people/staff/sean/

"Honor the past, live the present, create the future"