[Ansteorra] Old /New Recruiting demo ideas

Vicki Marsh xaraxene at comcast.net
Mon May 1 17:57:49 PDT 2006

Lady Eleanora Elizabeth Caley ( called Caley) said:

" You can even slip flyers into a couple of history books about period armor
or Elizabethian dress. There is also a few flyers at a college library."

This reminded me of what Vargskol Halfblood, Baron Bryn Gwlad did - way back
when Bryn Gwlad was a shire. He printed up 1/4 page flyers about the SCA and
put them in all the medieval, armour, costume books that he could find in
the city's Public Library. Knowning him, some probably made it into books at
UT, also. This was almost....30 years ago.

You could print up bookmarks and give them away at library demos instead of
flyers.

What's old is new and what's new is old...A Good Idea never loses it's
value. Thanks, Caley!

(Of course the librarian in me twitches with the thought of leaving a
printed flyer in a book.)

In Service,

Mistress Xene Theriane