[Ansteorra] Little Ones at Events (how I do it)

Alexandria Doyle garbaholic at gmail.com
Sun May 7 09:01:01 PDT 2006

 I've used the leash thing for my daughter who was just 15 monthes older
than her brother and she believed she didn't require hand holding, she could
walk just fine on her own thank you very much.  That ten foot leash gave her
just enough room that she was her indenpendent self and kept her from
dashing out into the street or running off in the airport while I juggled a
new born and all of their stuff...
And I've justed a long piece of trim tied round my granddaughters waist at
an event to help keep track of her when she was a toddler and I was
babysitting her.  It was interesting though when we had to untangle her
leash from two dogs' leashes...

And to add to this on a historical basis, I've recently gotten a copy of a
painting of James I 's children, two girls and a boy.  The youngest, one of
the girls, is perched in a chair with a doll (my interest) and her leading
strings being held by her older sister.  Guess they were having trouble
keeping that toddler still for the sitting...

alex